- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Wilson’s Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, packed
- 2 cups baking flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vegan cream
- Coconut chips, shredded coconut and coconut whipped cream for serving (optional)
Start by preheating the oven to 175C. Grease a round 22cm baking pan with removable sides.
Mix the coconut milk with the apple cider vinegar and shredded coconut, let it sit for 10 minutes. Then add the coconut sugar and Wilson’s Coconut Oil and stir well.
Sive in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder. Stir until it just comes together, then gently fold in the chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25-35 minutes. Be careful not to over bake since the cake will go dry.
Let the cake cool down completely before removing from the pan.
In a microwave safe bowl, heat the cream in the microwave until hot. Add the chocolate chips and let them sit for a minute, then stir well. If the chocolate has not melted, heat for 30 seconds more in the microwave and stir well. Let the ganache sit for about 10 minutes or longer for a thicker consistency.
Place the cake on a serving platter and spread the ganache and top with optional coconut chips or shredded coconut. Serve with optional coconut whipped cream.