Chicken Broccoli Bake
- 1 tablespoon Wilson’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3 cm strips
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- ½ cup white onion soup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cup broccoli heads
- 1 cup shredded cheddar and some extra for the top
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes more.
Stir in rice, heavy cream, and 1 cup of the broth. Bring to a simmer and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Add remaining broth, white onion soup, broccoli, and cheddar cheese and cook until broccoli is tender and cheese is melty, about 10 minutes.
Heat up your grill function on your oven. Sprinkle chicken mixture with breadcrumbs, extra cheese and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes.
From heart health to skin care, olive oil offers a wide range of benefits. Find out why this oil should be a staple in your kitchen and how to incorporate it into your meals.