- 6 (100g) pitted Dates
- 1/3 cup (70g) Wilson’s Foods Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) oat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup (200g or about 12) pitted Dates
- 1 1/2 (360g) cups of Plain Cultured Coconut or Plain Cultured Almond (can be bought at Woolies or at www.yokos.co.za)
- 1 cup (200g) coconut cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp (22g) arrowroot or corn starch
- 1/4 cup (60g) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Combine the dates and coconut oil in a food processor. Process into small chunks.
Add the oat flour, salt, and cinnamon. Process to a wet sandy consistency.
Press into a greased springform pan, covering the bottom and sides.
Bake for 15 minutes at 180°C, or until golden around the edges.
Remove from the oven and cool.
Reduce oven temp to 160°C.
Blend all the filling ingredients until smooth.
Pour on top of the crust and bake at 160°C for 45-50 minutes until golden on the top and the center is no longer jiggly.
Cool, then leave to chill overnight.
Top with fruit of choice and serve. Keep leftovers in the fridge well covered for up to a week.