- 2 kg back ribs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili or Cayenne powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Wilson’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups (500ml) of the Ultimate Braai Sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Wilson’s Foods Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (optional for heat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 180°C. Peel off tough membrane that covers the underside/bony side of the ribs. Place on a baking sheet or tray lined with foil.
Combine together garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, cumin and chili or Cayenne. Sprinkle seasoning over ribs and drizzle with Wilson’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Rub the seasoning all over the ribs on both sides. Cover tray with foil and bake for 2 hours.
During the last 5 minutes of cook time, mix together sauce ingredients.
Remove ribs from the oven, remove foil and spread the tops of the ribs with the ultimate braai sauce mixture.
Increase oven temperature to 240°C. Return ribs to the oven, uncovered, and bake for a further 10 minutes. Change oven settings to grill on medium-high heat to lightly char and caramelise the edges (about 3 minutes). Rest for 10 minutes to allow the juices to recirculate back into the meat before slicing.