- 1.8kg leg of lamb deboned (if your knife skills are on point, see the following article on How To Debone a Leg of Lamb)
- 225g Spinach
- 1 large bunch of watercress
- 2 sprigs fresh Rosemary
- ½ lemon, finely grated rind only
- 4 – 5 cloves of garlic peeled and sliced
- 75 mixed dried fruit chopped
- 50g Wilson’s Foods Butter Substitute Oil
- 2 tablespoons Wilson’s Foods Rosemary Flavoured Oil
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Blanch the spinach in a pan of boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain, then refresh under cold water. Squeeze the spinach dry.
Roughly chop the spinach and watercress and put into a bowl. Add the rosemary, lemon rind, garlic, dried fruit, butter substitute and seasoning and mix together well. Lay out the joint, fatty side down, on a chopping board and, using a palette knife or spatula, spread the stuffing evenly over the meaty side.
Starting from one end, tightly roll the joint up over the stuffing, tucking in any ends to make a neat shape. Secure the joint with string tied evenly around its whole length. Place in a roasting pan. Heat the oil in a pan and pour over the joint. Roast for 2 hours until juices run clear when a skewer is inserted. Transfer to a serving dish, leaving 2 tablespoons of fast in the tin