- 450 grams spaghetti, or other long pasta
- 1/2 cup Wilson’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 – 5 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes, or to taste (or 3 fresh chillies)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more to serve or Feta
- 250g Roman Tomatoes
- Salt, to taste
Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add spaghetti.
While the spaghetti is cooking make the sauce: Peel and finely slice the garlic cloves. Heat your Wilson’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil gently in a frying pan. Add the garlic and chili and cook gently for a few minutes, or until the garlic is pale gold, which will be enough time for the flavourings to infuse the oil (don’t burn it!). Stir in chopped parsley.
Drain the spaghetti still “al dente”, reserve 1/2 cup cooking water.
Add spaghetti to the frying pan, stir well to coat with the oil, add some starchy cooking water, as much as needed to ensure the pasta is moist and juicy. Cook on medium heat for 30 seconds, stirring a couple of times.
Sprinkle the spaghetti with extra chopped parsley, basil and grated Parmesan cheese/Feta. Enjoy!