- 1 cup wholewheat pasta
- Wilson’s extra virgin Olive oil
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 head romaine trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ bulb of fennel thinly sliced
- ½ Lts tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves thinly sliced
- 1 avocado (optional)
- 1/4 cup shelled and chopped pistachios (optional)
- 3-4 radishes thinly sliced
- Goat cheese for sprinkling
- Salt & pepper to taste
Chimichurri Dressing Ingredients
- 1 cup parsley or combo of parsley and cilantro
- 150 ml olive oil
- Juice of 1 small lemon or half a large
- 1 medium shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
For the Chimichurri (can be made ahead)
- Combine ingredients in a blender or food processor (I just use my vitamix) and process until everything is finely chopped and well-combined.
For the salad
- Cook pasta al dente, and allow to cool.
- In a medium skillet over a medium high heat, heat enough oil to cover the base of the pan. Add corn kernels along with a generous pinch of salt and cook, without stirring, for 4 minutes, until the kernels are starting to turn golden. Give them a toss and cook for another 2-3 minutes until they have a nice light char on them. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine romaine, fennel, and a spoonful of the chimichurri dressing and toss to combine. Then top the salad with pasta, charred corn, tomatoes, herbs, avocado, pistachios, radish, and goat cheese and drizzle on more dressing. Serve immediately.
For extra protein add: grilled chicken, a soft-boiled egg, chickpeas, or a little bacon.