-2 cups water
-1 cup uncooked white rice
-1/2 kg of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
-1/4 tsp ground ginger
-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
-1 clove garlic, minced
-1 tbsp sesame seeds
-1/4 tsp ground black pepper
-2 tbsp sesame oil
-1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
-3 green onion, sliced
-3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
-1/8 kg sugar snap pease
-1/8 cup cornstarch
-3/4 cup chicken broth
– 1/4 tsp salt
– Heat water with salt and bring to boil.
– Add rice, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
– Combine shrimp, ginger, cayenne pepper, garlic, sesame seeds and black pepper in a large plastic food storage bag. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator.
-Heat sesame oil in a wok or skillet.
– Add red pepper strips and green onions. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes to soften.
– Add teriyaki sauce.
– Add peas and shrimp with seasoning and saute for 4 minutes or until shrimp is opaque.
-Stir cornstarch into chicken broth and add to wok.
-Cook, stirring until the mixture boils.
-Sprinkle with salt, then spoon shrimp mixture into rice.
-Allow to slightly cool before serving.