- 2 x lemon sole, about 700g each, de-scaled
- 90ml Wilson’s Foods Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus oil for brushing
- Salt and Ground Pepper
- Finely grated rind of 2 lemons and 240ml juice
- 100g olive or sundried tomato ciabatta crumbs
- Finely grated rind of 2 limes
- 75g pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 75g sundried tomatoes finely chopped
- Lemon and lime wedges as well as flowing thyme to garnish
Slit each sole along the backbone on the white-skinned side. Ease the flesh back to make a pocket.
Line a baking sheet with foil and brush with oil. Place the sole on the baking sheet, cut sides upper most. Season the fish and sprinkle with the lemon juice. Mix the ciabatta crumbs with 20ml Wilson’s Foods Extra Virgin Olive Oil, the lemon and lime rinds, olives and sundried tomato; season. Spoon the crumbs into the fish pockets.
Drizzle with remaining oil and cook at 200°C for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the sole. Garnish with lemon and lime wedges and thyme, then serve.
- You can prepare this recipe in advance if necessary. Simply follow the instructions up until the end of spooning the crumbs into the fish pockets. Cover and chill for up to 6 hours.
- Mix this recipe up by adding pesto and / or change out the ciabatta crumbs for crushed almonds.
- Place and prepare the fish in tinfoil, make sure it is covered properly with tinfoil and cook braai for the ultimate Summer dish.