- 500 – 340 grams Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Wilson’s Coconut Oil
Measure the chocolate and coconut oil. Place chocolate and Wilson’s Coconut Oil in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
Melt the chocolate. Microwave on HIGH in 30-second bursts, stirring between each burst, until the chocolate is fully melted. (This should take to 1 1/2 minutes total)
Remember Coconut Oil carries on cooking, so let the sauce cool for 20 minutes, uncovered. Stir the sauce every 5 minutes so it cools evenly, until the chocolate is barely warm.
Use immediately. Immediately pour over ice cream and sprinkle with your favourite toppings. Let sit for 30 seconds to harden before serving.
- Make sure your bowl is completely dry before adding the chocolate and coconut oil. Water can make chocolate seize up, so make sure to dry your bowl before starting.
- If you put the sauce straight onto ice cream while still warm, it might melt the ice cream.
- Any leftover magic shell base can be stored in an airtight container in the pantry and re-melted anytime you’re craving ice cream. It will harden into a firm mass, but all you have to do is melt it in the microwave in 30-second bursts.