This is a stunning recipe, meant to be enjoyed in warmth and sunshine.
- 250g baby peas/ petit pois, frozen or fresh
- 2 bunches fresh coriander leaves and stalks
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons Wilson’s Foods Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 small lime or 3 tablespoons of Wilson’s Foods Lime Juice
- A handful of almonds
- 1 teaspoon chopped lime leaves (optional)
- Sea salt to taste
- Cottage Cheese (optional)
If you are using frozen peas – simmer for 2 minutes until they are just done.
If you are using fresh peas – steam until just done. This could take anywhere from four to eight minutes, depending on the peas. I would recommend using frozen peas. Save your fresh peas for eating in salads! Let the peas cool to room temperature.
Pop everything in a food processor and blend. If it is a bit too stiff to mix well, scrape down the sides and dribble in a little more olive oil, until just loosened to your liking. Keep in mind that it will stiffen up slightly once it has been refrigerated.
Add in some cottage cheese to make the dip a bit milder.
This dip keeps for 2 to 3 days.
Serve on some banting crackers, baguette or even smear on some toast.