Everyone with whom we engage will benefit therefrom.
We will develop long-term relationships with suppliers, staff, and customers.
We will be the leading independent oil dealer in the country.
We will be known for integrity, customer service, and attention to detail.
Founder, Bulk buyer
Discovery of a local farm from which one could buy great value olive oil. Active selling to restaurants from boot of Steve’s VW Golf
- Development of the concept of blended olive oil and seed oil. Supply, from garage, of 200 Cape Town restaurants.
- Registration of “CanOlive” trademark. Discovery of lime farm in Swaziland, and development of a market for fresh limes, and for lime juice.
- Switched from supplying restaurants to supplying food service wholesalers
- Entered into partnership with John Thorp, “Mr Oil RSA”. Moved from garage operation to formal factory in Somerset West
- First container of drums imported from Borges, Spain.
- Launch of consumer and industrial ranges. (250 ml and 500 ml glass for the consumers, and 200 Lt and up for the industrial sector)
- Bought out John Thorp’s share. Purchase of 1200 square metre factory in Ottery, Western Cape
- Introduction of innovative “Butter Substitute” product
- 2008 First business in the country to import in 21 MT flexitanks
- Switched to local procurement. First receipt of 30 MT tankers of oil direct from farms. Commissioning of proprietary 1 Lt PET mould
- Marketing campaign in Gauteng nets 95% of independent Food Service wholesalers.
- First new significant product in seven years. Coconut oil is the Next Big Thing!